Los Gatos (Jan 12, 2012). PPM software provider Sciforma today announced Sciforma 4.0 earned a Positive rating by Gartner. The Gartner report, “MarketScope for Project and Portfolio Management Applications,” examined 30 key players in the PPM market. In particular, the research analyzed PPM software products that can support many different PPM scenarios, including PPM for IT departments.
According to Gartner, vendors with a Positive rating demonstrate strength in performance. As a result, customers can expect a continuation of planned investments, and potential customers should consider them a viable choice for strategic or tactical investments. The criteria factored into the report include:
- customer experience
- product time-to-value as it relates to deployment, ease of use, and adoption
- pricing and contracts
- product innovation
- functionality that pushes the market in new directions
- knowledge of the PPM market and responsiveness to the evolving marketplace
Sciforma’s Positive rating is among the evaluations of other well-known vendors, such as Oracle and CA Technologies.
Sciforma and Gartner: a history
Additionally, Sciforma is included in three other Gartner reports:
- PPM Market Universe: PPM for New Product Development Market Roundup, 2011
- This report details the latest trends in PPM for NPD and product management, and provides a list of vendors operating in the space.
- PPM Market Universe: Project and Portfolio Management for Architecture, Engineering and Construction Market Roundup, 2011
- This report outlines the growth in integrated solutions, portfolio management for AEC, other specialized software product providing or complementing AEC-based centralized project scheduling and management, and additional deployment platforms such as software as a service (SaaS) and cloud computing.
- PPM Market Universe: PPM for Professional Services Administration Market Roundup, 2011.
- Finally, this report examines the emergence of software as a service in many different industries and how it is reinvigorating innovation and interest in professional services administration programs and portfolio management software.
“We are extremely proud of the rating we earned in this report,” Sciforma CEO Yann Le Bihan said. “After all, our product’s flexibility allows the software to be adaptable to different markets, making Sciforma 4.0 the only one mentioned in all four markets. So this announcement underscores our commitment to the market and to our customers in providing the highest level of technology, service, and support.”
About Gartner's MarketScope
Gartner does not endorse any vendor, product, or service depicted in its research publications, and does not advise technology users to select only those vendors with the highest ratings. Gartner's research publications consist of the opinions of Gartner's research organization and should not be construed as statements of fact. Gartner disclaims all warranties, expressed or implied, with respect to this research, including any warranties of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose.
The Sciforma 4.0 PPM tool solves the five highest priority customer challenges and provides the predictability necessary for keeping projects on time and on budget. It allows users to balance resources and properly assess risk by visualizing 'what if' scenarios. Further, it can help companies select the right projects, decreasing risk while optimizing returns. Sciforma 4.0 is a customized software solution which can be easily tailored to fit the customer’s PPM environment and ensure that a company’s unique processes and methodologies are followed. For more information, visit: www.sciforma.com. Follow us on LinkedIn and on Twitter @Sciforma.